Holiday Inn - Mislead cancelation policy and given the runaround

I booked a room at for the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Ave - Chelsea, 125 West 26th Street, New York, NY.The first lines on the cancellation policy stated that I had until two days later to cancel or I have to pay for one nights stay, for each of the two rooms that I booked.

Mt trip got canceled and canceled with both and Holiday inn only a few hours after making the reservation and about a day and a half before I thought before I would get hit with a cancellation policy. I tried to get my money back or a voucher to use the room at a later date and I was sent back and forth with finger pointing between The Manager at the Holiday Inn, John Carney, and Holiday in Guest relations. John Carney, told me I needed to call Guest Relations and and get them together on a call, Holiday Inn guest relations said I had to get John Carney on a line with said it was Holiday inns policy and Holiday inn said it was policy.

At any complaints get sent to a call center where you do not get to speak with anyone you can understand easily at but said they called the manager John Carney and he pointed the fingers elsewhere. I used to stay at Holiday Inn about 30-50 nights a year when I worked in outside sales and this is my first experience (and last) with

I highly recommend you use a different booking site and choose anywhere else, even if it cost you a little more, than the Holiday Inn Chelsea in Manhattan.I will never be using either ever again

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Room Booking
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #575853

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Holiday Inn? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.