I booked a room at Hotels.com for the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Ave - Chelsea, 125 West 26th Street, New York, NY.The first lines on the cancellation policy stated that I had until two days later to cancel or I have to pay for one nights stay, for each of the two rooms that I booked.
Mt trip got canceled and canceled with both Hotels.com and Holiday inn only a few hours after making the reservation and about a day and a half before I thought before I would get hit with a cancellation policy. I tried to get my money back or a voucher to use the room at a later date and I was sent back and forth with finger pointing between The Manager at the Holiday Inn, John Carney, Hotels.com and Holiday in Guest relations. John Carney, told me I needed to call Guest Relations and Hotels.com and get them together on a call, Holiday Inn guest relations said I had to get John Carney on a line with Hotels.com. Hotels.com said it was Holiday inns policy and Holiday inn said it was Hotels.com policy.
At Hotels.com any complaints get sent to a call center where you do not get to speak with anyone you can understand easily at Hotels.com but said they called the manager John Carney and he pointed the fingers elsewhere. I used to stay at Holiday Inn about 30-50 nights a year when I worked in outside sales and this is my first experience (and last) with hotels.com.
I highly recommend you use a different booking site and choose anywhere else, even if it cost you a little more, than the Holiday Inn Chelsea in Manhattan.I will never be using either ever again
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Room Booking
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "See dirt in pictures below. Air filter was matted. Furniture was broken see master bed propped up on logs. Dish washer was full of water, we cleaned..."
- "This is a SCAM. I was fresh out of college when I signed up and way to naive to understand that I was being duped. I received a call saying..."
- "They manipulated our physical and mental state of mind by making us wait for well over 6 hours with no meals and two small children. Once we were mentally exhausted..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "They are not paying people. They owe me money and have no intentions of ever paying it. This place is a complete and total SCAM! Me: 8 days and no..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "Was installed in my kitchen 3 years ago by a professional from Carpet Factory Outlet in Cheektowaga NY. It is not grouted so a sealant was applied between tiles...."
- "I hired Chuck Messina for a divorce. It was a nightmare. He dragged my case forever by creating false problems and giving me false hope. Charles Messina ended up making..."
- "Before getting started I'd like to point out the fact that this is the first negative review I have ever wrote - that's how upset I am. On January 16th I..."