I booked a room at Hotels.com for the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Ave - Chelsea, 125 West 26th Street, New York, NY.The first lines on the cancellation policy stated that I had until two days later to cancel or I have to pay for one nights stay, for each of the two rooms that I booked.
Mt trip got canceled and canceled with both Hotels.com and Holiday inn only a few hours after making the reservation and about a day and a half before I thought before I would get hit with a cancellation policy. I tried to get my money back or a voucher to use the room at a later date and I was sent back and forth with finger pointing between The Manager at the Holiday Inn, John Carney, Hotels.com and Holiday in Guest relations. John Carney, told me I needed to call Guest Relations and Hotels.com and get them together on a call, Holiday Inn guest relations said I had to get John Carney on a line with Hotels.com. Hotels.com said it was Holiday inns policy and Holiday inn said it was Hotels.com policy.
At Hotels.com any complaints get sent to a call center where you do not get to speak with anyone you can understand easily at Hotels.com but said they called the manager John Carney and he pointed the fingers elsewhere. I used to stay at Holiday Inn about 30-50 nights a year when I worked in outside sales and this is my first experience (and last) with hotels.com.
I highly recommend you use a different booking site and choose anywhere else, even if it cost you a little more, than the Holiday Inn Chelsea in Manhattan.I will never be using either ever again
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Room Booking
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I travel a lot for business, I am away from home non stop, always on flights and in hotels. I use Priceline, and Orbitz quite often. A friend referred me..."
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "It appears that “Las Palmas Travel Network” (LPTN) may be a new scam connected to what’s going on at Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka Bahia Turquesas). ** Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka..."
- "I emailed this group twice with no response. My daughter and I stayed at a Travelodge in Latham ny last week just overnite, it was disgusting, smelly, unclean and have..."
- "An agreement was made to install 6 rooms,a hallway and a stairway in my home with carpet on may 21st.The manager called 3 days in advance to tell me the..."
- "Do not hire, Cary and Terry Peterson from Peterson Construction Group. You need to check them out prior to even calling and you will see they are not licensed or..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."